CLARIFICATION TEXT ON THE LAW ON PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
As per the Law No: 6698 on Protection of Personal Data (“LPPD”), Türkiye Emlak Katılım Bankası A.Ş. (Emlak Katılım), acting in the capacity of Data Supervisor, may record, store, update, disclose to third persons as permitted by the relevant legislation and classify your personal data.
Your “personal data” including your identification, contact information, personal background, legal proceeding, customer procedures, location, camera images, risk management information, financial, professional experience, visual and audio recordings, demographic information, education level and income level information and all other information related to your accounts at our Bank may be processed by our Bank and data processors authorized by our Bank in order to regulate any commercial and legal relationship between our Bank and you, to enable you to benefit from services offered by our Bank, to comply with the data storage, reporting and other requirements provided in relevant legislation and to carry out our banking activities within the scope of Banking Law No: 5411.
As per Article 5/2 of LPPD; legal reasons for the processing of your personal data are as follows;
- If it is mandatory to process your personal data as per relevant legislation for the purpose of identification and address detection,
- If it is mandatory to process your personal data for establishment or performance of a contract to get service from our Bank,
- If it is mandatory for our Bank to fulfil its legal obligations arising out of relevant legislation to report and disclose information to competent authorities,
- If data processing is mandatory for the establishment, use or protection of any right arising from the contracts executed by and between our bank and you,
- If data processing is mandatory for the legitimate interests of our Bank, provided not to harm your fundamental rights and freedoms.
Your processed personal data may be transferred and disclosed to any and all natural and legal persons as permitted by the relevant legislation for the purposes above, to insurance companies for which we carry out agency services, to any and all natural and legal persons that we have business relationship within the scope of our banking and capital market transactions including but not limited to intermediation for order placement, transaction intermediation and portfolio intermediation etc., to Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency, Central Bank of Republic of Turkey, Capital Markets Board, Financial Crimes Investigation Board, T.R. Ministry of Treasury and Finance Revenue Administration, Social Security Institution, Participation Banks Association of Turkey, Banks Association of Turkey Risk Center, Interbank Card Center, Central Registry Agency, FİNDEKS, Court of Accounts, Competition Authority, to our shareholders, stakeholders, branches and affiliates at home and abroad; to institutions set forth in Article 73/4 of Banking Law No: 5411 and to corresponding banks that we have business relationship.
Your personal data may be collected and recorded, in writing or in verbal form, with any and all contracts/information forms and other documents concerning the banking services issued by your approval and/or signature, through your notifications to be made with your electronic approval and/or signature, through delivery to our Bank of judicial decisions and execution proceedings about you, with short message, electronic mail, internet, disk, CD, DVD, memory card and similar tools and environments, through communication methods such as telephone, fax etc., through channels such as ATM, Head Office units, branches, digital banking units, internet branch, call center etc., through recording of images using security cameras available at Head Office and branches within the scope of limits/obligations set forth by Banking Law No: 5411 and other relevant laws and legislations in line with the requirements of the customer and participation banking principles.
Your personal data may be collected through automated methods such as electronic approval, short message, electronic mail, internet, disk, CD, DVD, memory card, telephone, ATM, digital banking platforms, internet branch and similar electronic or internet based tools and environments and through non-automated methods such as forms, contracts, notifications, judicial or administrative authority decisions as well.
As per Article 11 of Law No: 6698, you have the right to apply to our bank and;
- to learn whether your personal data is processed or not,
- if your personal data is processed, to request information relevant to this,
- to learn the purpose of processing your personal data and whether they are used in compliance with its purpose,
- to know third parties within the country or abroad which your personal data is transferred,
- to request correction if your personal data is processed deficiently or incorrectly,
- to request deleting or destroying your personal data within the scope of conditions set forth in Article 7 of Law No: 6698,
- in case your personal data is corrected, deleted or destroyed, to request these processes to be reported to third parties which your personal data is transferred,
- to object against results arising against you by analyzing your processed data exclusively by automated systems,
- to claim compensation of damages if you are exposed to any damage for processing your personal data illegally.
For your requests within the scope of Article 11 of LPPD numbered 6698, you can deliver by hand your petition including your identity and request to the nearest branch or send through notary to the address of “Barbaros mah. Begonya sok. No:9/A Ataşehir İSTANBUL” or send to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org email address using your e-mail recorded in our system.
When you exercise your right explained above, if the transaction caused by your request requires an additional fee, you will be charged for that transactions as per relevant legislation.